Amélie Métivier practises in all areas of corporate and commercial law, particularly securities law and mergers and acquisitions. She regularly advises reporting issuers on various corporate governance matters, continuous disclosure obligations and other ongoing securities law questions.
Ms. Métivier currently serves as Assistant Corporate Secretary of Æterna Zentaris Inc., a global biopharmaceutical company focused on endocrine therapy and oncology, whose common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Market.
Ms. Métivier was seconded to the legal department of Quebecor Media in 2004 and to the legal department of Bombardier's corporate office in 2008. In 2003-2004, Ms. Métivier clerked with Justice Pierrette Rayle of the Quebec Court of Appeal.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2004
Selected client work
Clients for whom Ms. Métivier has acted recently include:
- Bombardier Inc. in connection with a new European offering of €780 million aggregate principal amount of new senior notes due 2021, and debt tender offers to purchase certain series of Bombardier's outstanding notes
- The agents with regard to the issuance by Caisse centrale Desjardins of $500 million of Series 2010-3 Medium Term Deposit Notes
- RONA Inc. in its bought deal offering of common shares for aggregate gross proceeds of $172 million
- Bombardier Inc. in its 2010 refinancing, comprising a private placement in the United States and Canada of US$1.5 billion of its senior notes and a contemporaneous US$1 billion three-tranche dual-currency debt tender offer in the United States and Europe
- Videotron Ltd. in its 2010 private placement in Canada and the United States of C$300 million of its senior notes
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Cossette Inc. in connection with an unsolicited, non-binding proposal by Cosmos Capital Inc. to acquire all of Cossette's shares, the review of the various strategic options available to Cossette, and its subsequent sale to Millroad Capital completed on December 23, 2009
- A group of dealers led by Desjardins Securities in connection with Caisse centrale Desjardins' $250 million public offering of Series 2009-1 floating-rate medium-term deposit notes due 2011 and $250 million public offering of Series 2009-2 floating-rate medium-term deposit notes due 2012
- Bombardier Inc. in connection with a new cross-border offering of US$1.5 billion aggregate principal amount of new senior notes due 2018 and 2020, and a multi-jurisdictional debt tender offer to purchase US$1 billion aggregate principal amount of certain series of Bombardier's outstanding notes
- The underwriting syndicate, led by RBC Dominion Securities, in connection with a bought deal secondary offering of common shares of Dollarama Inc. for almost $283 million
- A group of dealers led by Desjardins Securities in connection with Caisse centrale Desjardins' $250 million public offering of Series 2009-1 floating rate medium term deposit notes due 2011 and $250 million public offering of Series 2009-2 floating rate medium term deposit notes due 2012