Amar Leclair-Ghosh’s areas of specialty include mergers and acquisitions, public financing, private placements, privatizations, shareholder disputes and general corporate matters.
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh works with major Canadian public companies, international corporations and family-held businesses pursuing growth by way of acquisitions. He represents clients in a variety of industries including mining, financial services, forestry and wood products, and media/technology.
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh acted as Montréal Chair of our business law group from 2008 to 2011.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1992
Selected client work
Mr. Leclair-Ghosh has advised:
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation, one of Canada’s leading diamond exploration and development companies, in its acquisition from Diaquem Inc., an indirect subsidiary of Investissement Québec, of the remaining 50% interest in the Renard Diamond Project
- Groupe BPR in the sale of its Canadian consulting and engineering business to Tetra Tech
- Yellow Media Inc. in connection with its $225 million acquisition of Canadian Phone Directories Holdings Inc. and its wholly owned subsidiary Canpages, a local search and directories publisher
- The companies of the Barrette Group, including Les Entreprises Barrette Ltée, Fenclo Ltée, Barrette-Chapais Ltée, U.S. Fence Inc. et BarretteWood Inc., in connection with various acquisitions in the US and other corporate transactions
- The Thibodeau family in connection with the sale of Groupe Thibodeau inc., Transport Marcan inc., Transport Saguelac inc. and other subsidiaries to TransForce Inc.
- Hydro-Québec and Hydro-Québec CapiTech inc. in connection with regulatory matters and various corporate transactions
- DSM Pharmaceutical Products, Inc. in connection with the sale of the assets of DSM Biologics to AstraZeneca and various acquisition work
- ArcelorMittal Canada Inc. and other companies of the ArcelorMittal Group in connection with various corporate transactions
- Kruger Inc. in connection with the acquisition of all the units of Maison des Futailles, L.P. held by Société des alcools du Québec and Fonds de solidarité FTQ for an amount of approximately $68.8 million and concurrent investment in Maison des Futailles, L.P. by Kruger and the Fonds
- The special committee of the board of directors of Lafarge Canada Inc. in connection with the privatization of Lafarge North America Inc. and Lafarge Canada Inc. by Lafarge S.A., a transaction with an aggregate value of US$3 billion
Rankings and recognitions
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2013 - Mergers & Acquisitions Law
Memberships and activities