Patents can be among a company’s most valuable assets. Therefore, securing and managing a patent portfolio can be critical to an organization’s continuing growth and success.
With one of Canada’s largest and most respected patent teams filing more than 3,100 applications each year, we are leaders in patent procurement and protection, and are proven experts in helping clients leverage patent assets.
Our team includes patent lawyers, patent agents and technical consultants with engineering and scientific disciplines, including several at the Ph.D. level. Fields of expertise include: aerospace, biomedical, chemical, civil, computer science, electrical, industrial, mechanical, metallurgy and material science, biochemistry, biomechanics, biotechnology, chemistry, endocrinology, food science, genetics, immunology, life sciences, microbiology, molecular/cellular biology, neuropsychology, neurophysiology, organic chemistry, pharmacology, physics, physiology and toxicology.
Our high degree of technical skills combined with acute business acumen enables swift and thorough understanding of technical complexities. Our expertise together with experience helps clients achieve optimal patent asset value from negotiation of technology transfer and licensing agreements through to enforcement of intellectual property rights.
We offer you
- patentability, validity, freedom-to-operate and infringement opinions
- patent application preparation, filing and prosecution in Canada
- patent filing and prosecution in the US and international jurisdictions
- filings and registrations under the Integrated Circuit Topography Act and the Plant Breeders’ Rights Act
- prior art searches
- patent portfolio audits and management
- patent licensing agreements
- due diligence in commercial transactions
- notices of compliance
- patent litigation and other dispute resolution mechanisms