Mining and resources
While the Canadian economy has been historically reliant on a wealth of natural resources, the mining and exploration industry is experiencing tremendous growth domestically and internationally.
Companies with Canadian and global mining interests rely on our comprehensive understanding of the mining industry and the critical business issues that face industry participants during this time of expansion and growth.
Our approach to mining transactions touches many aspects of our expertise:
- Mergers and acquisitions: deep public and private M&A experience, including domestic, cross-border and international transactions.
- Project Finance: one of Canada’s leading domestic and international project finance firms.
- Corporate finance and securities: structuring and implementation of finance and securities transactions at all levels of complexity.
- Environmental: solutions backed by qualified professionals spanning engineering to biology.
- Insolvency and restructuring: creative restructuring and efficient insolvencies in Canada and the U.S.
- Litigation/ arbitration and alternative dispute resolution: internationally recognized for arbitration for managing complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Workplace safety and insurance: occupational health and safety, and workers’ compensation.
- Intellectual property: top-tier patent and technology licensing practice comprised of lawyers, engineers, scientists with significant experience involving mining equipment, extraction technologies and chemical processing for domestic and international clients.
- Employment and labour: individual and union strategic advice and dispute resolution.
We offer you expertise in