Media and communications
Rapid advancement in media and communications industries has resulted in new and greater challenges with changes that affect government policy and technology. These changes are having a direct impact on many businesses.
Companies in media, advertising, public relations and information technology rely on us for expertise providing opinions, advice and representation. They also benefit from our depth and experience in litigation, intellectual property and other areas of business law that impact on media and communications issues.
We offer assistance to companies that need to address the effects of challenges posed by technological development so that their businesses can move forward unimpeded and with speed. We have expertise in libel and defamation, communications, information technology, copyright and Internet issues.
We offer you
- privacy and access to information litigation
- litigation pertaining to image rights
- assistance with penal proceedings involving media or journalists
- the ability to contest summonses, publication bans and search warrants
- expertise in advertising including publicity contests