“Praised for its work across the IP, commercial, employment and dispute sectors.” Who’s Who Legal 2008, Canada.
The rapid evolution of life sciences industries continues to raise important legal, ethical and scientific issues. Our seasoned lawyers and patent and trade-mark agents provide legal and technical advice to a diverse clientele in the life sciences sector, including universities, research centres, hospitals, venture capitalists, multinational corporations, and start-up and mid-size companies. We also represent clients involved in biologics and biopharmaceuticals, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals (human and veterinary), natural health products, nutraceuticals, medical devices, foods, cosmetics and agriculture sectors of the life sciences industry.
Our life sciences practitioners have in-depth knowledge of the industries they serve and a clear understanding of the business goals of companies at every stage of their growth. We can meet all of a company's legal needs through every step of a product's life cycle. We also anticipate and analyze emerging issues to assist life sciences companies in meeting the challenges of critical change.
Our life sciences team is renowned for its depth of expertise and several members have advanced science degrees and industry experience.
We can help you with clinical trials, crisis management and recalls, direct-to-consumer communications, genetic testing, licensing, labeling, advertising and promotion, privacy and personal information, product liability and class actions, public law advocacy, regulatory approvals and change analysis, and website issues.
We offer you
- navigation with distribution, co-promotion, co-marketing and joint venture agreements, formulary listings and challenges to listings, informed consent, freedom of information, non-competition and proprietary rights agreements
- good manufacturing practices
- patent and trade-mark litigation, including litigation under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations
- patent and trade-mark preparation, prosecution and maintenance
- patentability, validity, infringement and freedom to operate searches and opinions
- representation in front of the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board
- research and collaborative research agreements
National Champions - Canada in Life Sciences, Practical Law Company 2010 and 2009
PLC Which lawyer? 2011
Life sciences: IP
Life sciences: regulatory