Corporate and commercial
We support our clients through each stage of their corporate growth by providing experience and pragmatic advice on both day-to-day business issues and long-term strategic initiatives. Clients can act decisively and with confidence aided by our navigation of legal complexities, anticipation of challenges and provision of practical solutions.
Many of Canada’s leading companies that do business at home and abroad have entrusted their business and long-standing confidence in our strength to assist in concerns such as incorporation, acquisitions, financing, strategic alliances, joint ventures and other critical endeavours.
We handle commercial transactions and contracts, distribution/licensing agreements, the formation of corporations, partnerships and trusts, litigation, lotteries and promotional contests, private business acquisitions and dispositions, private debt and equity financing and shareholders' agreements.
We offer you
- advice on appropriate corporate and financing structures
- assistance with acquisitions and dispositions of businesses
- assistance with expansion through strategic alliances, joint ventures or franchising
- advice on and negotiating private placements and venture capital financings
- the ability to negotiate shareholder and partnership agreements
- structuring financing for domestic and foreign venture capital funds
- implementation of outsourcing arrangements
- the ability to negotiate contracts with customers, suppliers and distributors