We are Canada’s only truly global international legal practice. With close to 700 lawyers based in Calgary, Montréal, Ottawa, Toronto, Québec, Caracas and Bogotá, we are one of the largest practices in Canada. We have served the business needs of clients—Canadian and international, established and emerging—since 1879.
Norton Rose Canada is an energy and mining powerhouse and provides clients with seamless connections to business routes across the world's major resource-based economies. Our six key industry sectors are financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
Client care is at the heart of everything we do. Our commitment to exemplary service and reputation for clear, honest judgement helps our clients achieve results. It has also earned us their confidence and trust.
Our Canadian lawyers and professionals are recognized in leading legal and business publications including The Chambers Global Guide to the World's Leading Lawyers, International Financial Law Review 1000, Best Lawyers in Canada, PLC Which Lawyer, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, and more.
Representative accolades include:
- Acritas' Sharplegal survey, Norton Rose named top brand in Canada, 2012
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012
- World National Oil Companies Congress, Law Firm of the Year, 2011
- Global Arbitration Review (GAR100), 2011
- Global Competition Review (GCR 100), 2011
- Chambers Global 2011, Band 1 - Energy and Natural Resources: Latin America
- Who’s Who International Mining Lawyers 2011
- PLC Life Sciences Handbook, 2011
- International Financial Law Review 1000, 2011
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2011