Suzana A. Lobo
Suzana Lobo focuses on asset-based lending and corporate banking. Her experience includes acting for banks and borrowers in complex secured lending transactions, cross-border financings, syndicated loan transactions, equipment financings and project financings.
Prior to joining our Toronto office, Ms. Lobo practised at another major law firm in Toronto in banking and financial services.
Year of call
LL.B., University of Ottawa, 2002
B.Soc.Sc., University of Ottawa, 1999
Selected client work
Clients for whom Ms. Lobo has acted include:
- VW Credit Canada, Inc. in connection with the renewal of Volkswagen’s €25 billion debt issuance programme
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., as administrative agent and collateral agent, in the US$1.45 billion senior secured credit facility providing term and revolving facilities in favour of Cedar Fair L.P., Magnum Management Corporation and Canada's Wonderland Company
- Garda in a private placement in the United States and Canada of two series of 9.75 per cent senior unsecured notes due 2017 in the aggregate principal amounts of US$250 million and $75 million, and a bank refinancing consisting of a $215 million secured three-year term loan and a $125 million secured three-year revolving credit facility
Memberships and activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Association of French Speaking Jurists of Ontario (AJEFO)
- Portuguese Canadian Lawyers’ Committee