Our services are built around a clear and simple premise – to ensure taxpayers pay no more tax than they are legally obliged to pay. Our clients include corporates, trusts, multinationals, accountants, private and public capital firms and individuals.
We advise on transactions spanning a wide range of industries and jurisdictions, and advise on all aspects of risk reviews, audits by revenue authorities, objections and appeal proceedings.
Our tax lawyers specialise in direct and indirect taxation, including income tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty, GST, fringe benefits tax, payroll tax, customs and excise duties, land tax, and international tax.
The geographical spread of the team enables us to provide a uniquely global tax service to our clients and to advice on tax issues which may arise in the different jurisdictions in which our clients do business.
We offer you:
- a team who combines commercial experience with a comprehensive knowledge of tax law
- tax advice spanning a wide range of industries and jurisdictions
- geographical spread that enables us to provide tax advice and support to clients wherever in the world they do business or invest
- experience in the tax treatment of finance transactions under Australian tax laws, including Islamic finance
- a team who has played a significant role in test cases and the drafting of tax legislation and taxation rulings.