Australia’s vast natural resources sector, including minerals, oil and gas is being further opened up by globalisation. From industry restructuring to native title considerations, the legal and commercial issues of resources projects can be wide-ranging and complex.
Our clients include not only resources companies, but also those who provide services to those companies and those who purchase products from them. We consider that this gives us a balanced approach in commercial negotiations and when advising our clients.
We have the capacity to handle large, multi-party and multi-jurisdictional projects involving major issues relating to the environment and heritage, infrastructure, land use, native title, project financing, tax and risk management.
Our resources team comprises leaders in Australian and Asian resources law supported by a large library of practical precedents developed from our extensive sector experience.
- Negotiation and advice in respect of joint venture agreements
- Minerals and oil and gas development agreements
- Acquisitions and sales of minerals and oil and gas interests
- Project financing Environmental, heritage and indigenous issues
- Offtake and marketing agreements Pipeline and shipping transportation agreements
- Strategies for project structuring and implementation
- Mine management and procurement
- Licensing and land access
- Due diligence investigations
- Occupational health and safety issues
- Capital raising and advice on ASX Listing Rules and Corporations Act
- Advice on overseas capital markets and due stock exchange listings