Litigation and dispute resolution
Like it or not, every business will have disputes. Cost-effective resolution is the key. Our focus is on understanding your predicament and providing the strategy - whether litigation or alternative dispute resolution - to help you achieve your business goals.
We are experienced in handling high value, complex, multi-jurisdictional disputes and have played a role in resolving many of Australia's largest commercial disputes. Our clients operate in virtually every area of commerce and industry: manufacturing, banking and finance, commercial property, construction and engineering, health, infrastructure and utilities, petroleum, telecommunications, tourism, transport and distribution.
Our expert team is experienced in all areas of international dispute resolution, and our approach is always tailored to your business. In every instance we: identify the legal issues and commercial drivers behind the dispute; align the dispute resolution strategy with the demands of your business; agree the right individual or team to deliver the required outcome; create open lines of communication with key stakeholders; ensure progress is within your preferred timeframes; critically review progress with you until the dispute is resolved; and conduct a debrief to identify key lessons learnt.
Pre-empting litigation is a wise strategy and putting measures in place to minimise disputes in the first place is even wiser. We can conduct rigorous audits to identify potential pressure points and advise on effective measures to address them.
We offer you:
- professionals who work with you to anticipate, pre-empt and resolve matters before they result in a contested dispute
- 350 specialist dispute lawyers across Asia Pacific including resident experts based in Singapore and China
- a team selected to suit the size and complexity of the dispute, meaning you are not over serviced
- a large, experienced and nationally integrated dispute resolution practice, who have acted on some of the most high-profile, high-value disputes in Australia
- unrivalled levels of partner accessibility
- a team who are mindful that litigation is expensive, striving to minimise the cost without ever compromising the outcome or the quality of our service.
“Dispute Resolution – Recognised”
Practical Law Company: Which Lawyer? 2010/2011