We are one of the only firms in Australia with a dedicated government practice who can provide a full service to state and Commonwealth Government.
Our extensive experience across industry sectors means our lawyers can provide practical strategic commercial advice to all government agencies. Our team are recognised as experts in climate change, work health and safety, litigation and dispute resolution, IT, IP, outsourcing and procurement, and have both public and private sector experience.
As thought leaders in industry, we are frequently called upon to assist on the development of government policy, including drafting legislation, and can advise on the best way to implement policy decisions. We work with the government to address emerging issues, and can mobilise our global expertise to reach government objectives.
Our understanding of the objectives and operations of the Commonwealth Government, through our longstanding relationships and work across government portfolios allow us to assist at all stages from policy development through to effective delivery.
We offer you:
- strategic advice from people who are in tune with the political process and the sensitivity of government work
- 24/7 access to a full service team across all areas of government
- experience in drafting government legislation
- access to national and international best practice in a public sector context
- in-house continued legal education training and tailored seminars which include tips, interactive scenarios and examples
- bespoke documents and products including Dispute Management Plan templates and Legal Process and Probity toolkits.