Employment and labour
“A good all round team and provides excellent service and clear and timely advice”
Asia Pacific Legal 500 2010
Our Employment team consists of over 200 lawyers across the globe and is one of the few truly integrated and internationally organised groups operating in Australia. Our stand-alone employment practice has a national footprint of dedicated employment experts who work in every state.
Our approach is different to our competitors: we take time to understand our clients strategy and culture and try wherever possible to achieve their commercial objectives efficiently, without costly litigation and disruption. We do not over service, and as a result our relationships are longstanding.
Should litigation be necessary, our outstanding employment litigation practice has advised on landmark decisions made in Australian courts and tribunals in recent years. Our size allows us to respond immediately when a dispute arises, and we are at the forefront of legislative change.
Often, our clients’ work is global. Many of them are moving across borders within Asia Pacific. We provide best practice advice, help them traverse complicated local legislation changes and allow them to deploy one approach to their human capital across a number of regions. Very few firms offer this seamless one matter approach.
Our equal employment opportunity advice is second to none: we are currently advising clients on diversity, looking at initiatives to ensure their boards satisfy recent changes in government law. We are also seeing more labour disputation work as the market contracts, and are advising more employers behind the scenes to prevent a situation from arising.
We offer you:
- one of the largest networks of international employment specialists, who provide seamless advice on moving human capital across borders
- a first rate employment litigation practice, who have advised on most of the landmark decisions in the last ten years
- a strong understanding of industry sectors, including construction and engineering, energy, retail, and banking
- a team who seek to understand the nature of your business, whose approach is focused on achieving your objectives
- detailed advice on equal opportunity compliance in light of recent changes in government laws.